Welcome to Sydney
Visit the iconic Sydney Opera House, climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge and experience a wonderful variety of harbour cruises, intriguing wildlife, dazzling shows and great shopping in this beautiful city. You can even meet king penguins at an aquarium and ascend Sydney Tower Eye for stunning views.
DAZZLING CITY OF SYDNEY
Discover Australia’s most beautiful city, from the iconic Sydney Opera House to the sparkling blue harbour, exhilarating entertainment, delicious restaurants and historic heritage. In the heart of this vibrant city, you can even visit king penguins in an aquarium and meet cuddly koalas in a zoo.
The city is teeming with attractions and tours. Begin your journey at Circular Quay with the Sydney Opera House, next to the Royal Botanic Garden, a tranquil oasis for picnics and unforgettable views of the World Heritage-listed building and Sydney Harbour, a great waterway for sailing and cruising.
Stroll to the western side of the quay for The Rocks, the oldest part of Sydney, where cobbled laneways of the convict colony remain. You’ll find plenty of things to do and see in The Rocks with markets, the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, walking tours and Australia’s oldest pubs.
You can climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge with BridgeClimb Sydney. A delightful harbour foreshore walk is from Campbells Cove, in The Rocks, under the bridge to Walsh Bay – home to world-class theatre and dance at the Roslyn Packer Theatre – and around Barangaroo’s pretty parkland.
In Darling Harbour meet penguins and sharks at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and get up close to koalas and a giant saltwater crocodile at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo. Amble across to Pyrmont for blockbuster shows at Sydney Lyric in The Star and the freshest seafood at Sydney Fish Market.
You can take the light rail to bustling Chinatown for an impressive variety of Asian cuisine and Paddy’s Markets. Reserve tickets for musicals at the Capitol Theatre. North along George Street is the Queen Victoria Building, a palatial shopping arcade near Town Hall Station in the city centre.
POPULAR PAGES FOR THE SYDNEY CITY
- Sydney CBD Accommodation
- Sydney CBD Hotels
- Sydney CBD restaurants
- Darling Harbour Accommodation
- Circular Quay Accommodation
- The Rocks Accommodation
- Kings Cross Accommodation
- Sydney Markets
- Barangaroo Sydney’s newest precinct, the revitalised heritage neighbourhood of Barangaroo is an exciting development with stunning parkland and iconic restaurants.
- Chinatown and Haymarket Sydney's Chinatown and Haymarket offer an exciting mix of restaurants, food halls, noodle bars and quirky gift shops. Find great things to do in Chinatown.
- Circular Quay The city fans out from the focal point of Circular Quay.
- City Centre Attractions here are many and varied - such as the Art Gallery of NSW, pretty Hyde Park and Sydney Tower Eye, with its 360-degree views.
- Darling Harbour Visit the SEA LIFE aquarium and WILD LIFE zoo, enjoy waterfront dining and wine bars, and climb inside a navy submarine.
- Kings Cross Experience cutting-edge theatre and comedy, innovative restaurants, hip bars, and fascinating tours in these vibrant streets.
- Potts Point and Woolloomooloo Reserve a table for acclaimed restaurants near art deco residential gems and on the famous Finger Wharf.
- Pyrmont Enjoy Pyrmont's harbourside location with a walk or jog along the foreshore, taking in two of Sydney's best parks - Pirrama Park and Pyrmont Point Park.
- Sydney Harbour The majestic Sydney Harbour is one of the most beautiful natural harbours in the world. It's a natural playground for Sydneysiders and visitors for sailing, swimming, diving and walking around its foreshore.
- The Rocks Find things to do in The Rocks, including heritage walks, restaurants and bars, museums, shopping and what's on in the Rocks with sydney.com
- Walsh Bay Book tickets for stage plays at the Sydney Theatre Company and Roslyn Packer Theatre, and enjoy dining on finger wharves.